Chocolate Protein WafflesPrint
Dry ingredients for the waffles:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Wet ingredients for the waffles:
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup chocolate protein shake or chocolate milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
Remaining waffle ingredients:
- 1/4 cup cocoa nibs
- Handful of raspberries
- 2 tablespoons walnuts chopped & toasted(optional)
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients and mix well. In another bowl, vigorously whisk the eggs with the sugar for one minute so the sugar dissolves and the eggs are light and fluffy. Add the remaining wet ingredients and mix well. Pour the wet batter over the dry batter, add the cocoa nibs and use a spatula to combine. It's ok to have some lumps in the batter, over mixing will cause the waffles to be tough.
- Preheat your waffle iron and spray on some nonstick spray or melted butter. Pour the batter in the machine and cook for roughly 6 minutes.
- While the waffles are cooking, make the yogurt sauce by combining all ingredients in a small bowl and whisking well. Add enough water to make into a saucy consistency, about 2-4 tablespoons.
- When the waffles are ready, plate and drizzle on some sauce and garnish with some more cocoa nibs, walnuts, and raspberries. Enjoy!