Green Chile Chicken Skewers
Grilled Green Chile Chicken SkewersPrint
For the chicken mixture:
- 1 pound ground chicken thighs
- ¼ cup red onion finely diced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon green chile hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons cilantro or parsley finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Couple cracks of fresh pepper
- Wood skewers for grilling
For the glaze:
- 3 tablespoons green chile hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Soak the skewers in water so they don’t burn while on the grill.
- Add the ground chicken to a large bowl along with the remaining ingredients, mix well. Wet your hands, grab ¼ cup of chicken mixture, and form it into a log shape. Insert the wood skewer in the middle and form the mixture around it, place skewer on a platter. Repeat with remaining mixture and place all formed skewers in the freezer for 20 minutes so they can firm up.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze by combining all ingredients in a small bowl and whisking well, set aside.
- Pre-heat the grill to medium high for 10 minutes. Cook the skewers for 5 minutes on the first side and flip. Brush some glaze on the top side and cook another 5 minutes. Flip the skewers again and brush some glaze on the other side. Keep brushing and flipping every minute for 3 more minutes. Take the skewers off the grill, garnish with some herbs and enjoy!