Grilled Veggie Salad Recipe
Grilled Sweet Potato and Corn Salad
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled
- 3 ears of fresh corn husk on
- 1 red pepper cut in 4 large pieces
- 1 orange pepper cut in 4 large pieces
- 1 poblano pepper
- 4 radishes diced
- small handful of flat leaf parsley and fresh mint finely chopped
- 3 oz of feta cheese
- 1 pound of freshly cooked English peas or 1/2 cup cooked frozen peas
- juice of 1/2 grilled lime
- 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey1/4 tspn cumin
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil EVOO
- pinch of kosher salt
Rub for potatoes:
- 2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tspn dried thyme
- 1 tspn kosher salt
- 1 handful of hickory wood chips soaked in water for 1 hour, and put in a tin foil pouched with holes punched in it.
Set the grill to medium and leave the door open.
Boil potatoes for 20 minutes (can be done ahead of time) and cut lengthwise into planks. On both sides, rub some EVOO and season generously with the rub.
Rub grill grates with oil, and grill for 10 minutes on each side until nice char marks appear.
Soak the corn in cold water for 10 minutes, and grill for 20. Peel off the husk, and cut off the kernels.
Rub the poblano pepper with EVOO and grill until all sides are charred. Place in zip-top bag for 10 minutes, this will make it easier to peel off the skin, then chop roughly.
Grill the red & orange peppers until slightly charred, about 7 minutes per side, and roughly chop.
Add everything but the potatoes to a large bowl with the peas, radishes, mint, and parsley.
Whisk all the ingredients for the vinaigrette, and add it to the bowl and mix.
Pile all the ingredients from the bowl on a platter or deep salad bowl, and layer the potatoes all around the salad. Crumble on the feta cheese and serve.
*Grill Tip: Add the wood chip pouch under the grill grates, and it will smolder and give your vegetables a smoky flavor. Experiment with different types of wood as they all have unique flavor.