Grilled Veggie Salad Recipe
Grilled Sweet Potato and Corn SaladPrint
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled
- 3 ears of fresh corn husk on
- 1 red pepper cut in 4 large pieces
- 1 orange pepper cut in 4 large pieces
- 1 poblano pepper
- 4 radishes diced
- small handful of flat leaf parsley and fresh mint finely chopped
- 3 oz of feta cheese
- 1 pound of freshly cooked English peas or 1/2 cup cooked frozen peas
- juice of 1/2 grilled lime
- 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey1/4 tspn cumin
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil EVOO
- pinch of kosher salt
Rub for potatoes:
- 2 Tbsp smoked paprika
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 tspn dried thyme
- 1 tspn kosher salt
- 1 handful of hickory wood chips soaked in water for 1 hour, and put in a tin foil pouched with holes punched in it.
- Set the grill to medium and leave the door open.
- Boil potatoes for 20 minutes (can be done ahead of time) and cut lengthwise into planks. On both sides, rub some EVOO and season generously with the rub.
- Rub grill grates with oil, and grill for 10 minutes on each side until nice char marks appear.
- Soak the corn in cold water for 10 minutes, and grill for 20. Peel off the husk, and cut off the kernels.
- Rub the poblano pepper with EVOO and grill until all sides are charred. Place in zip-top bag for 10 minutes, this will make it easier to peel off the skin, then chop roughly.
- Grill the red & orange peppers until slightly charred, about 7 minutes per side, and roughly chop.
- Add everything but the potatoes to a large bowl with the peas, radishes, mint, and parsley.
- Whisk all the ingredients for the vinaigrette, and add it to the bowl and mix.
- Pile all the ingredients from the bowl on a platter or deep salad bowl, and layer the potatoes all around the salad. Crumble on the feta cheese and serve.
*Grill Tip: Add the wood chip pouch under the grill grates, and it will smolder and give your vegetables a smoky flavor. Experiment with different types of wood as they all have unique flavor.
This recipe is: