Ricotta and Mushroom Lasagna
Vegetable Ricotta LasagnaPrint
- 1 pound no-boil lasagna sheet
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 16 oz jar of marinara sauce
- 1.5 pounds fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 pound sliced cremini/baby bella ‘shrooms
- 1.5 cup sliced yellow onions
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 1 lemon zested
- Pecorino Romano cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Preheat large sauté pan over medium heat, add 2 tbsp EVOO with the onions and mushrooms. Season with a pinch of kosher salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook for 12 minutes then add minced garlic and cook until all ingredients are soft and translucent.
- While veggies are cooking, prepare the tomato cream sauce by melting the butter in a pot over medium heat. Gradually add the flour, stirring frequently so no lumps occur. Once all flour is in, continue whisking for 3-5 until mixture is medium blonde color. Slowly stir in all warm milk while continuing to whisk so mixture is smooth. Reduce heat to low and season sauce with nutmeg. Add the jar of marina sauce and stir to combine.
- Scoop ricotta cheese into bowl, and add the parsley, lemon zest, shot of EVVO, S&P to taste and stir together.
- Spread enough of the tomato cream sauce to lightly cover the bottom of a large casserole dish. Form a bottom layer with the pasta sheets. Scoop half of the ricotta mixture evenly across the sheets. Scoop half the veggie mixture across the ricotta layer then grate pecorino cheese over the entire layer. Scoop enough tomato cream sauce to cover first level, cover with pasta sheets and repeat same process with ricotta, veggie, pecorino. For final layer, place pasta sheets down, and cover with a healthy amount of tomato cream sauce and pecorino. Make sure there are no dry spots of the noodle will burn.
- Cover tightly with tin foil, and bake for 40 minutes. Let rest for another 30 minutes and your patience will be rewarded.
This recipe is: