Sheet Pan Roast Chicken & Veggies
Healthy Roast Chicken & Veggies
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes
Servings 5 meals
- 10 to tal chicken drumsticks & thighs bone-in
- 1 pound green beans ends trimmed
- 3 medium size yellow squash
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino romano or parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place chicken on a sheet tray and season both sides with a generous pinch of salt and a few cracks of pepper. Bake chicken in the oven for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, cut the squash in half lengthwise, and then into large bite size pieces. Place squash on a sheet tray with the green beans and season them with 1 tablespoon of oil, just under 1 teaspoon of salt, and a few cracks of pepper. Mix well and bake in the oven along with the chicken for 25 minutes.
- While the veggies are cooking, slice the cherry tomatoes in half and season with 1 teaspoon of oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and a couple cracks of pepper, mix well, after 25 minutes, add the tomatoes to the sheet tray with the squash and cook another 15 minutes. Remove veggies from oven and add the grated cheese on top, adding more cheese if needed. When the chicken is done, place the veggies under the broiler set to high and cook for 3-5 minutes, until the veggies get a little charred and the cheese has melted, don't walk away or it will burn.
- During the last 10 minutes of cooking the chicken, you can raise the oven temperature to 430 F so the skin can get golden brown. Remove from oven after 1 hour.
- Plate some chicken with the cheesy veggies and enjoy! Everything will keep in the fridge for 5 days or can be frozen for 2-3 months, but the veggies are way better if you don't freeze them. It's best to thaw everything the night before you want to eat it. Take the lid off the container, cover with tin foil, and heat in a 400 degree F oven for 10-12 minutes. If using the microwave, take lid off, cover with a wet paper towel, and reheat making sure not to heat too long or too hot, or the chicken will dry out.
375 calories per meal
20.2 grams of fat per meal
14.1 grams of carbs per meal
34 grams of protein per meal
5.2 grams of fiber per meal