Crispy Pork Sandwiches
Fried pork chop sandwich with tangy slaw
This recipe is with main ingredient
Crispy fried pork chop sandwich served with red cabbage slaw.
Crispy Pork Chops with Queso SaucePrint
For the Pork Chops:
- 4 thin cut pork chops about 2.4 ounces each
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1.5 teaspoons each smoked paprika & ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon each garlic & onion powder
- Veggie oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 4 buns
For the cheese sauce:
- 1 cup 4 ounces of sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ a teaspoon kosher salt
For the slaw:
- 1 bag of prepared slaw mix
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- For the pork chops, add the flour, paprika, ancho powder, garlic powder, onion powder to a shall baking dish along with 1 teaspoon of salt, mix well. Add the egg and 1 tablespoon of water to another baking dish, and whisk well. Add the panko bread crumbs to another baking dish along with 1 teaspoon of salt and a few cracks of pepper, mix well. Season both sides of the pork chops with a pinch of salt and some pepper. Dredge each pork chop in the flour, making sure to coat the pork chops well, and shake off any excess flour. Move the pork chops to the egg mixture, thoroughly coat, and shake off any excess. Place the pork chops in the seasoned panko breadcrumbs and make sure the pork chops are very well coated. Move the pork chops to a wire rack set over a sheet tray and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the cheese sauce by adding the butter to a small sauce pan preheating over medium-low heat. When melted, add the flour and constantly whisk(or it will burn) until the mixture is light blonde in color, about 5 minutes. While whisking, slowly add the milk and raise the heat to medium. Keep whisking so no lumps form in the sauce and cook until the mixture thickens up a bit, about 5-7 minutes. You know it's ready when the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Lower the heat to low and add a small handful of cheddar and whisk until it's incorporated, continue doing this with all the cheese. Season with the nutmeg, salt, and check for seasoning. Keep cheese sauce on the lowest heat setting, and whisk it every once in a while.
- Make the slaw dressing by adding mayo and next 4 ingredients to a small bowl along with a pinch of salt and a couple cracks of pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- Fill a cast iron pan with enough veggie oil to come 1 inch up the side of than pan. Set the heat to medium high and bring oil to 375 degrees F. Add 2 pork chops to the pan and cook until golden brown on the bottom, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and repeat. Move the cooked pork chops to a clean wire rack set over a sheet tray and then fry the second batch.
- Add the slaw mixture to a bowl, season with ¼ teaspoon salt, a couple cracks of pepper, and pour over enough dressing to coat, mix well. Assemble the sandwiches by toasting the buns and place some of the slaw on top of the bottom bun, then add the crispy pork chop, some cheese sauce, and the top bun. Enjoy!
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
This recipe is: