Spiced Maple Walnut Cheesecake
Spiced Maple-Walnut CheesecakePrint
- 8 graham crackers
- 1 cup chopped walnuts toasted, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. packed brown sugar divided
- 2 Tbsp. butter melted
- 4 pkg. 8 oz. each Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup maple syrup divided
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese created the below recipe. It uses a springform pan and creates a traditional round cheesecake. I chose to modify the below recipe to create 24 mini cheesecakes in muffin tins instead. The modifications you’ll need to make to create your own minis are (1) using muffin tins, (2) baking the crust for 8 minutes, (3) baking the minis for 22 to 25 minutes, and (4) refrigerating for 2 hours.
- HEAT oven to 325°F.
- USE pulsing action of food processor to pulse graham crackers, 3/4 cup nuts and 2 Tbsp. sugar until mixture forms fine crumbs. Add butter; mix well. Press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 min.
- BEAT cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice and remaining sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add sour cream and 1/2 cup maple syrup; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
- BAKE 1 hour or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate cheesecake 4 hours.
- BRING cream and remaining maple syrup to boil in medium saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly. Simmer on medium-low heat 10 to 12 min. or until reduced to about 2/3 cup, stirring frequently. Cool completely.
- DRIZZLE maple-flavored sauce over cheesecake just before serving; sprinkle with remaining nuts.
Substitute: Combine 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. ground ginger, and dash each of ground allspice and ground cloves; use instead of the pumpkin pie spice.
This recipe is: