Gluten Free Coconut Pancakes (GF,DF)
Gluten & Dairy Free Coconut PancakesPrint
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 5 ounces light coconut milk trader joe's has best price
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil Costco has best price
- Cold coconut cream trader joe's has best price
- Powdered sugar
- In one bowl combine the first 5 ingredients and mix well. Set aside. In another bowl, lightly beat the egg then add the coconut milk, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. Mix well and pour the wet ingredients over the dry. Use a spatula to mix everything until just combined. It's ok if there are small lumps in the batter.
- Pre-heat a large non-stick griddle or pan over medium-low heat with 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil or butter. Cook the pancakes on each side until nice and golden. You will know the pancakes are ready to flip when bubbles form on the edges.
- Meanwhile, make the coconut cream by putting half a can of COLD coconut cream in a stainless steel bowl along with 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar. use a hand mixer to beat the cream until its light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Add a small shot of vanilla extract and mix until combined. Keep in fridge until ready to use.