Mussels White Wine Sauce
Mussels in White Wine Sauce
- 1.5 pounds fresh cleaned mussels(PEI are a fav)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 small shallots finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely diced
- 1.5 teaspoons fresh thyme chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine like pinot grigio
- 3 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley chopped
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
Pre-heat a large heavy bottom pot over medium-high heat along with the butter.
Add the shallots, garlic, thyme, along with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt & a couple cracks of pepper. Cook for 5 minutes until the shallots are soft.
Add the wine along with another small pinch of salt & pepper & add the mussels. Bring to a boil, put the lid on the pan, a cook for 5 minutes until all the mussels open.
If mussels don't open, they are dead, don't eat them.
Put the mussels and the broth in a large serving bowl and garnish with the parsley.