Pork Breakfast Sandwiches
The ultimate breakfast sandwich recipe with creamy chia seed pudding.
Pork breakfast sandwiches with chia seed puddingPrint
For the sandwiches:
- 20 ounces of ground pork
- 1.5 teaspoons each of smoked paprika ancho chile powder, fennel powder
- 1 teaspoon each of garlic & onion powder
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 5 English muffins
- Grapeseed oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
For the chia pudding:
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- In a large bowl, combine the ground pork with all the spices and powders, 1 teaspoon of salt, and few cracks of pepper, and mix very well using your hands. Form the pork mixture into 5 equal patties making sure they will fit the size of the english muffin. Place the pork patties in the fridge for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the chia pudding by combining everything but the chia seeds in a bowl and mixing bowl. Add the chia seeds, a little at a time, and whisk very well. Let the pudding sit 10 minutes and then whisk it very well, repeat this process one more time then move the pudding to the fridge to set up overnight. The next day it will be thick and have the consistency of pudding. Pudding can stay in the fridge for 5-7 days.
- Pre-heat a large cast iron pan over medium-high heat for 2 minutes with 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the pork patties and cook for 3-4 minutes on the first side, or until a nice brown crust forms, flip and lower the heat to medium. Add an equal amount of cheese on top of each patty, place 2 ice cubes in the pan, and immediately put a lid on the pan or cover it with a sheet tray. The ice will help the cheese melt evenly. Cook another 3 minutes or until the internal temperature of the ground pork is 160 degrees F. The National Pork Board recommends to cook pork chops, loin roasts, and pork tenderloin to an internal temperature between 145 F and 160 F, followed by a three minute rest.
- The cooked pork patties will keep in the fridge for 3 days or in the freezer for 2 months. When time to serve, re-heat in the microwave or oven, and serve with a sunny side up egg and the pudding, Enjoy!
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.
This recipe is: