Steak Fried Rice
Steak Fried RicePrint
- 1 pound Black Angus Beef Thin Sliced Sirloin Tip Steak
- 1 cup Specialty Selected Brown Basmati Rice
- 2 cups Season’s Choice Steamable Asian Medley
- 3 SimplyNature Grade A Organic Cage Free Brown Eggs
- ½ cup Season's Choice Frozen Sweet Peas
- 1 tablespoon Fusia Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1.5 teaspoons Fusia Asian Inspirations Sriracha Sauce
- ½ a yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 teaspoons freshly ginger
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro or chives
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds toasted if desired
- ¼ cup Bakers Corner Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon SimplyNature Organic Coconut Oil
- It’s best to cook the rice at least a few hours before making the fried rice, or even better, the night before.
- Make the marinade for the beef by adding ½ cup soy sauce and ¼ cup brown sugar to a bowl. Mix well and add the beef. Allow beef to marinate 15-20 minutes. Pre-heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat with 2 teaspoons of coconut oil. Add 2 cups of Asian medley veggies along with the onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add the garlic, ginger, and cook another 2 minutes. Whisk the eggs very well, make a well in the middle of the pan and add the eggs. Stir well enough the eggs are lightly scrambled and then add the rice. Mix well all the contents of the pan very well. Add the soy sauce, sriracha, sesame oil and mix well. Check for seasoning and adjust according to your taste. Turn the heat off the pan and add the sesame seeds and fresh herbs. Mix well and set aside.
- Using the same pan or a cast iron pan, pre-heat over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Remove the steak from the marinade and thoroughly pat dry with paper towels. Add 1 teaspoon of oil to the pan and 2 pieces of steak. The steak slices are thin and cooked quickly, so only cook them 1-2 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and cook remaining steak. Slice the steak into thick strips and toss with the fried rice. Serve and enjoy!