Steak Corn Salad
Steak and Corn Recipe
Crusty Steak with Charred Corn and Edamame SaladPrint
- 2 strip steaks 12 ounces each
- 1 teaspoon each smoked paprika & fennel powder
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 ears of corn
- 1 cup frozen edamame
- 1/3 cup red onion chopped
- ½ a red bell pepper diced
- 1 red chile or jalepeno thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons walnuts chopped & roasted(optional)
- Zest and juice of ½ a lime
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt & pepper
- Make the spice rub by combining the smoked paprika, fennel, and coriander in a small bowl and mixing well. Season the steaks with a generous pinch of salt and spice rub on both sides and allow to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes. Pre-heat oven to 400 F for the steaks.
- Meanwhile, peel the corn and either cook it on a hot grill or a grill pan until its charred in spots, about 8-10 minutes. When ready, cut the corn kernels off the cob and place in a large bowl. Pre-heat a small pan over medium-high heat and add the frozen edamame to the pan along with 1 teaspoon of oil and cook for 5 minutes until warmed through. Add the edamame to the corn along with the red onions, bell pepper, sliced chile, parsley, walnuts, lime zest and juice, ¼ teaspoon salt, and a few cracks of pepper. Mix very well and check for seasoning, set aside.
- Pre-heat a cast iron pan just under high heat for 2 minutes. Add 2 teaspoons of avocado or grapeseed oil to the pan along with the steaks. Cook for 2 minutes without touching the meat, when the crust looks nicely charred flip the steak over and repeat. Once crusty on both sides move the steaks to a sheet tray and cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes for medium-rare. It's best to use a probe thermometer to read the exact internal temperature of the beef. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve the steaks with the corn salad and enjoy!