Bread Pudding Recipe
Lazy man's bread pudding recipe bc all you need is some melted ice cream and a loaf of bread, and you have bread pudding.
This recipe is with main ingredient
Easy Bread PuddingPrint
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream melted
- 3 cups stale bread either challah,Italian,white,crossiant, cubed
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup drunken raisins recipe below
- 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt the ice cream in the microwave set to high, for about 1 minute. In a large bowl combine the bread cubes and melted ice cream. Let sit for at least 30 minutes until the bread is soaked. At the same time, put the raisins in a small bowl and submerge in rum. After 30 minutes, mix the chocolate chips and raisins(not the rum) throughout the bread mixture and transfer to a buttered baking dish or individual ramekins and top with the pecans and brown sugar. Bake for 40 minutes until the crust is golden, but the middle still wobbles a little bit when you shake it. Let cool, and devour!
- Note: If you only have fresh bread, first cube it then toast it in a 200 degree oven for 5-10 mins until it loses a little moisture, don’t turn it into a crouton!
This recipe is: