Summer Fruit Crisp
Easy fruit crisp recipe featuring summer fruits. The recipe for a fruit crisp also has a salted caramel whiskey sauce that is to die for!
This recipe is with main ingredient
Summer Fruit CrispPrint
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter cut in 1/2 inch size chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom or cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 tablespoons ice cold water
For the filing:
- 2 peaches not overly ripe, cut in large bite size chunks
- 1 cup blackberries
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
For the caramel whisky sauce:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 water
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 3.5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons scotch whisky
- 1/2 teaspoon salt preferable sea salt
- Add the raisins to a small bowl and cover with scotch whiskey. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make the topping by adding everything to a food processor except for the water. Pulse for 10-20 seconds until the mixture looks like sand. Add the ice cold water and pulse another 10-15 seconds or until the topping looks chunky and moist. Keep the topping in the fridge so the butter doesn't melt.
- Make the filling by combining all the ingredients, except for the boozy raisins, in a large bowl and mix well. Strain the raisins and add it to the bowl. Saving the whisky for drinking later ;)
- Fill 2 wide and shallow ramekins with the filling, should come about 3/4 of the way up the ramekin. Use a spoon and place the topping all over the top of the filling. Be generous and cover every inch, but make sure not to pack it down or it won't cook evenly. You will have leftover topping for another time.
- Bake on a sheet try, it may bubble over, for 40 minutes or until the topping in nicely golden brown.
- While the crisp is baking, make the caramel sauce by combining the sugar and water in a small pot over medium heat. Cook for 6 minutes until most of the sugar has dissolved, it's ok to use a spoon to make sure sugar evenly dissolves. Crank the heat to medium-high and cook until the color is dark Amber, about 8 more minutes. The caramel goes from dark Amber to burnt in mere seconds, so watch it close. Turn the heat off and immediately add the cream. The mixture will bubble like crazy, just wait for it to subside and whisk it for a few seconds. Add the butter, scotch whisky, salt, and turn the heat back on to low. Keep whisking the mixture until it gets really smooth. Take off the heat and set aside. It will thicken up once it cools down and will keep in the fridge for 2 weeks.
- Once the crisps are ready, let cool for 15 minutes and drizzle over a good amount of caramel sauce. Enjoy!
This recipe is: