Long Bone Ribeye
Ribeye Steak with Citrus Herb ButterPrint
For the steak:
- 1-2 bone-in ribeye steaks at least 1.5 inches thick
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Avocado or grapeseed oil
For the butter:
- 1 stick of room temperature unsalted butter
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 clove of garlic finely minced
- 2-3 tablespoons finely chopped herbs such as chives, dill, and parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- For the butter, use a spatula to mix all ingredients in a bowl. Place a large piece of plastic wrap, form back into a log and store in the fridge.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Season the steak with a generous amount of kosher salt and a couple cracks of pepper on each side. About 1/4 teaspoon of salt on each side will help form a crust and carry the seasoning all thorough the meat. Let the steak sit a room temperature for 30 minutes with the seasoning on it. You never want to cook a cold steak.
- Pre-heat a cast iron pan or grill pan over medium-high heat for 5 minutes with a teaspoon of oil. Sear the steak on one side for 3 minutes and don't touch the steak otherwise the crust won't form. Flip the steak over, insert a meat probe thermometer, and place in the oven until the temperature reaches 135 degrees F for medium-rare.
- Take steak out of the oven and place it on a clean plate and put a nice piece of butter on top of it, cover with aluminum foil. Let rest for 10 minutes so the juices can redistribute, the steak wont won't get cold. Serve & enjoy!
This recipe is: