Raw Zucchini Pasta (Zoodles) Marinara
Raw Zucchini Noodle MarinaraPrint
- 1 ¾ pound green zucchini
- 3/4 pound heirloom or campari tomatoes blended
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons green onions chopped
- ½ cup ripe cantaloupe or honeydew cubed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari sauce gluten free
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 cloves of roasted garlic
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- ¼ cup red bell pepper chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice of ½ orange
- Use a spiralizer or mandolin set to julienne cut, and run all the zucchini through it. Put zucchini noodles in a strainer and toss with 1 teaspoon of salt. Let the excess water drain while you make the sauce.
- Add the tomatoes and rest of ingredients to a blender, and puree until smooth. Check for seasoning, you may need more lemon juice or soy sauce, you want the sauce to pop and be aggressively seasoned since it’s raw.
- Add the zucchini noodles to a large bowl along with 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice and toss to combine. Add enough of the marinara sauce to coat the noodles and toss well. Plate the noodles and garnish with a good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and some fresh chopped basil. Sauce can be made 1 day ahead and stored in the fridge.