Raw Zucchini Pasta (Zoodles) Marinara
Raw Zucchini Noodle Marinara
- 1 ¾ pound green zucchini
- 3/4 pound heirloom or campari tomatoes blended
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons green onions chopped
- ½ cup ripe cantaloupe or honeydew cubed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari sauce gluten free
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 cloves of roasted garlic
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- ¼ cup red bell pepper chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Juice of ½ orange
Use a spiralizer or mandolin set to julienne cut, and run all the zucchini through it. Put zucchini noodles in a strainer and toss with 1 teaspoon of salt. Let the excess water drain while you make the sauce.
Add the tomatoes and rest of ingredients to a blender, and puree until smooth. Check for seasoning, you may need more lemon juice or soy sauce, you want the sauce to pop and be aggressively seasoned since it’s raw.
Add the zucchini noodles to a large bowl along with 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice and toss to combine. Add enough of the marinara sauce to coat the noodles and toss well. Plate the noodles and garnish with a good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and some fresh chopped basil. Sauce can be made 1 day ahead and stored in the fridge.