Heirloom Tomato Gazpacho with Honeydew Melon
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes regular Tomatoes work fine also
- 1 orange pepper seeded and quartered
- 1-1.5 cups cubed honeydew melon
- 1-2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3-4 Tbsp EVOO
- 1/3 red onion peeled & cut in large chunks
- 1/2 cucumber seeded & chopped roughly
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 Tbsp each of fresh dill flat-leaf parsley, & basil
- ½ Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2 Tbsp Crème Fraiche or feta cheese
In a blender, puree the tomatoes for a few seconds until they break down, add the orange pepper, honeydew, vinegar, lemon juice, EVOO, red onion, cucumber, garlic, S&P, and herbs. Puree in blender until desired consistency...I like it a bit chunky.
Give it a taste and adjust S&P or lemon juice if needed. Garnish with a dollop or crème fraiche or some crumbled cheese.