Tomatillo Guaca Salsa
Roasted Tomatillo Guaca SalsaPrint
- 7 small tomatillos husked & cleaned
- 1 sweet or yellow onion peeled & cut in 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 1 poblano pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 tablespoon cilantro chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Olive oil
- Pre-heat broiler to low. Place the first 4 ingredients on a sheet tray and season everything with a good shot of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Do this on both side of the onions. Broil for 5-7 minutes until the nicely charred, then flip everything over and broil until that side is nicely charred. The garlic will BURN QUICKLY, so pull it from the oven after 2-3 minutes.
- Peel the skin off the garlic and poblano pepper and add everything to a blender along with any juices from the pan. Add the avocado, cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon salt, couple cracks of pepper, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and blend until well combined. Check for seasoning, you may need a little more salt or add a little water if the salsa is too thick.