Moroccan Spiced Grilled Pork Tenderloin KebabsPrint
For the pork kebabs:
- 1 pound of pork loin or pork tenderloin cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 green bell peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 red onion
- 1.5 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1.5 teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of shelled pistachios roughly chopped
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
For the glaze:
- ¼ cup pomegranate molasses
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 teaspoon sriracha or hot sauce
For the yogurt sauce:
- ½ cup Greek style yogurt
- Zest of half a lemon
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 clove of garlic finely grated
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- For the pork kebabs, cut one red and one green pepper into 1 inch squares to match the size of the pork cubes. Do the same thing with the red onion. Form the kebabs by alternating some pork and veggies on a skewer. If using a wooden skewers and cooking on a grill, make sure to soak the skewers in water for 30 minutes so they don’t burn.
- Make the Moroccan spice rub by combining the smoked paprika and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl. Mix well and season all sides of the kebabs with a good pinch of spice rub and a generous amount of salt. Drizzle the kebabs with 1 teaspoon each of olive oil and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes so the pork can come to room temperature and the marinade can infuse flavor.
- Meanwhile, make yogurt sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Check for seasoning, you may need a little more lemon juice. Yogurt sauce can be made hours ahead of time and kept in the fridge.
- Pre-heat a cast iron grill pan or grill to medium-high heat. Place the pork kebabs on the grill and cook for 6 minutes, flip and repeat. While the kebabs are cooking, make the pomegranate glaze by combining the molasses, lime juice, and hot sauce in a small bowl, mix well. During the last 3 minutes of cooking, use a brush or spoon to spread the glaze all over the kebabs.
- Remove kebabs from the grill and allow them to rest for 3 minutes. Spread some more glaze all over the kebabs and garnish with chopped pistachios, chopped mint, and some lemon zest. Enjoy!
This recipe is: