Gluten Free Chocolate Cake (GF,DF)
Gluten Free Chocolate & Orange CakePrint
For the cake:
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- zest of 4 mandarins or zest of 1 orange
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed mandarin or orange juice
- 3 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ounces coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup millet flour or gluten free all-purpose flour mix*
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
For the glaze:
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar or light brown sugar
- ¼ cup mandarin or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar together using a hand mixer until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Add the mandarin zest, juice, both oils, and the vanilla extract, mix well.
- Add the flours, cocoa powder, baking powder, soda, salt and mix just until everything is combined. Add the batter to a cake pan or spring form pan (I used a round 8 inch pan) that has been sprayed with non-stick spray and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let the cake cool down at room temperature.
- To make the glaze, add all the ingredients to a small pot and heat over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved, mix well. Use a pastry brush or spoon and brush the glaze all around the cake. Serve and enjoy, this cake stays moist for days..if it lasts that long!
*Cooks note: You can use any gluten free flour mix - just be sure it doesn't contain any bean flour. The ones I use are by Bob's red mill, and Costco brand.